Creating a website is like building a house. You should have all the materials ready before you start creating a website. You will save lots of time and money if you read this post in full before starting out your new website.
Keyword research is the foundation of your website. Solid foundation leads to reliable future success.
Really important to select right keywords so you can compete in search engines and rank well to get traffic. Following points you should consider when selecting right keywords.
- Search Volume = 1000 to 20000 per month (You can select higher search volume keywords but generally they will be difficult to rank well in search engines)
- Page Rank = PR 1 to 3 Easy to Compete, PR 4 to 5 Difficult, PR 6 to 10 Very Difficult
After doing the right keyword research select your best keyword and get the domain name that includes that particular keyword. For example if your main keyword is “Estate Agent” try to get the domain name like estateagent.com. Chances are these sort of premium domain names will not be available, so you can try few different combinations such as estateagentuk.com, estateagentonline.com.
I hope you get the idea? If not feel free to discuss in the comments section below.
Few more important things to consider:
- Try to be as short as possible
- I prefer .com, .net or .co extensions
- Avoid hyphens within domain names
This is really important decision. You should decide which type of website you are planning to have. Traditional static website or regularly updateable website using software’s like wordpress.
I am a huge fan of wordpress because of the following:
- Really easy to maintain
- Huge Range of Designs
- Great for SEO (Google loves wordpress)
Website Layout & Design
Your site’s conversion and success depends on the layout of your website.
- Decide one action your customer should take when they arrive on your website home page
- Keep it really simple
- Use nice colours
- Tell your customers clearly what to do (use call to actions)
You can design this layout on a piece of paper or if you are technical person use photo shop or pay some one to do it for you.
You should also have clear idea of number of pages you need on your website. Get the text, photos, videos and layout of these pages ready to save you money and time when creating your website.
Your thoughts? Have a I missed any important point? Love to hear from you in the comments below.