Email is a really powerful tool which can establish rapport, build relationship with customers and generate lots of new business if used wisely.
Whenever I talk to businesses I find out that very few of those are using e-mail properly and majority of those businesses are not taking advantage of this really powerful tool.
For example you will find many small businesses even don’t have an e-mail list for their customers. Can you believe it ? Yes it is a fact.
Imagine having a list of 100, 200 or 500 e-mail ids of your satisfied customers whom you can send a message in just few minutes without any printing and postage expense.
Huge time saver and convenient!
Here is how you can start quickly and start building your list really fast.
I use service called aweber which is a great tool to build your e-mail list, it is easy to use and has great tools which helps you to do advance e-mail marketing.
Why I use aweber?
- Built in e-mail templates
- You can manage all your e-mail lists easily like new customer enquiries, existing customers etc
- Aweber gives you complete analytics
- Already designed sign up forms
- You can send pre set messages to all your subscribers
- You can send your blog posts to your e-mail subscribers
- Great customer support (huge benefit cause you will need help at the start)
When you start out I would suggest you keep it simple and create only follow two lists:
- New Customer Enquiries
- Existing Customers
This will help you to set different messages and offers to different group of people. Once you are familiar with the system and more confident you can diversify more and create as many lists as you like.
Here is a tip!
Simplicity rules, try to keep as simple as possible.
ways to build your e-mail list
Small businesses can grow their e-mail list in a numerous ways. Key here is a discipline and follow the simple policy.
Anyone who come into contact with your business you should get at least e-mail id, here are the few ways you can grow your list very easily:
- Offer some thing valuable free on your website in exchange of e-mail id
- Add e-mail sign up form on your Facebook page
- Obtain e-mail id when some one enquire about your product or service in person or over the phone
- Create a system to obtain the e-mail id during the order process
- Many other ways depending on the nature of business
- You can learn more about e-mail marketing by visiting Aweber.com. Are you building your e-mail list? You can share your thoughts in the comments below.